Tulsa Product Liability Attorney Representing Injury Victims
When a consumer buys or uses a product, he or she expects that the product will be safe for its intended use. Unfortunately, however, this is not always the case. The Barkett Law Firm in Tulsa is experienced in handling products liability litigation, and is prepared to invest the time, effort and analysis that defective product cases often require.
Understanding products liability law in Oklahoma
The goal of products liability law is to protect consumers from dangerous and/or defective goods by holding manufacturers, suppliers, distributors and retailers liable for allowing a dangerous product to enter the marketplace when they were aware or should have been aware of the product's danger. A products liability claim may involve:
- Dangerous and/or defective motor vehicle components, including airbags and seatbelts
- Dangerous and/or defective appliances, including water heaters and washing machines
- Contaminated foods or beverages
- Foreign objects in processed foods or beverages
- Dangerously flammable apparel
- Dangerous cosmetics and household chemicals
- Dangerous building and construction materials, such as asbestos
- Defective equipment or machinery causing industrial accidents
- Potentially dangerous prescription drugs and/or inadequate drug warning labels
- Dangerous and/or defective materials or devices used in medical procedures
- Products that are harmful to children
In some cases, a product is dangerous because of a manufacturing defect and in others, the danger relates to a design defect. Manufacturing defects include oversights or errors made in the manufacturing process, such as generally poor workmanship and the use of subpar materials. On the other hand, design defects occur when the product's design is inherently dangerous regardless of how carefully the product is manufactured.
A product liability case may also arise from a failure to warn consumers of a product's danger if it is used improperly. For example, a prescription drug may harm a patient if used in combination with certain other drugs, but a patient can avoid the danger when properly warned by drug companies and health care providers. The relevant dangers in failure-to-warn cases are present no matter how well the product is manufactured and designed for its intended purpose.
At The Barkett Law Firm, we handle products liability cases involving serious personal injuries and wrongful death, working to obtain maximum compensation for our clients and improve the safety of goods in the marketplace.
Providing aggressive representation for clients throughout Oklahoma
If you or someone you love has been injured or harmed by a dangerous product in Oklahoma, please contact the personal injury lawyers at The Barkett Law Firm for a free consultation to discuss your options for recovery. As our client, you pay no fees until we win compensation on your behalf. If you are unable to come to our offices, we will meet with you in your home, hospital room or another place of convenience.